From the list of top 30 players and two coaches, select your best 23 players (in position), as well as selecting a captain and vice-captain, and assign which coach should be head coach and which should be assistant, submit your entry and go into the running for the major prize.
How it works
The NT Thunder Team of the Decade selection committee has come up with a list of the top 30 players and two most successful coaches over the past 10 seasons.
For your shot at the major prize, simply select your team of the decade (23 players) from the list of 30 players. From your selected 23 players, you must also assign a captain and vice-captain and allocate a head coach and assistant coach for the team.
Voting opens 9am Tuesday 22 May 2018, and closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday 12 June 2018.
On Wednesday 13 June 2018, one lucky entrant who entered the Promotion will win the major prize.
So who makes your NT Thunder Team of the Decade? Enter now!
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the “NT Thunder Team of the Decade – Fans’ Comp”
- This document contains the terms and conditions of entry (“these Terms”) into the NT Thunder Team of the Decade – Fans’ Comp (“Promotion”). Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The Promoter is AFL Northern Territory Limited (“AFL”) ABN 81 097 620 525 of 70 Abala Road, Marrara Northern Territory, 0812, Australia (“Promoter”).
- The Promotion will open 9:00am on Tuesday, 22 May 2018 and will continue until 11:59pm Tuesday, 12 June 2018 (“Promotion Period”). All times in these Terms are expressed in the local time of Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.
- Entry is open to all people excluding employees of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with this Promotion, and their immediate families. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Persons entering the Promotion who are under 18 years of age require their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission. Only Entrants who reside in the Northern Territory, Australia will be eligible for prizes.
- To register for the Promotion entrants must during the Promotion Period register their details via the on-line registration form located on the NT Thunder Team of the Decade – Fans’ Comp website at http://www.ntthunder.com.au (“Online Entry Site”) (“Entrant”).
- The Promoter reserves the right not to accept a registration for any Entrant or to disqualify an Entrant if the Promoter considers that the registration contains anything defamatory or is otherwise inappropriate.
- An Entrant may only register as an individual.
- The AFL will be conducting the NT Thunder Team of the Decade – Fans’ Comp (“Competition”). This Promotion will be conducted in conjunction with the Competition. In the Competition, the NT Thunder Team of the Decade selecetion committee have selected thirty (30) players and two (2) coaches who have made the shortlist for the Team of the Decade and announced and published the player and coach names at the Online Entry Site.
- Entrants can complete their entry during the Promotion Period by:
- logging on to the Online Entry Site and submitting their team in the Promotion, and then fully completing the requested details in accordance with the directions on the entry page; and
- indicating their acceptance of these Terms (“Qualifying Entry”).
- Each Entrant may only have one entry in the Major Prize Draw.
- Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Major Prize Draw for the first time they submit a vote in relation to the Promotion up until 11.59pm on 12 June 2018.
- A random prize draw will be conducted at the Draw Location by the Promoter at 10:00 am on Wednesday, 13 June 2018 (“Major Prize Draw”).
- The first Entrant with a valid Qualifying Entry drawn in the Major Prize Draw will win the Major Prize. The Major Prize consists of (a) two (2) tickets to the NT Thunder Team of the Decade Gala Ball on Saturday 23 June.
- The Major Prize is valued at up to $380 (including GST).
- The Major Prize winner will be contacted in writing within two (2) days of the date of being drawn a winner, and their name will be published on the Online Entry Site by Friday, 15 June 2018.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
- In the event that any Major Prize has not been claimed by Monday 18 June 2018 by that winner of the prize, the winner forfeits their prize and the prize may be entered in an Unclaimed Prize Draw that may be conducted at 11am on 19 June 2018 at the Draw Location. Any prize winner(s) will be contacted in writing on the day of the Unclaimed Prize Draw and their name published on Online Entry Site immediately following the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
- If more than one person attempts to claim a prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons is the winning Entrant(s), subject to any direction of a relevant authority.
- If an Entrant is under 18 years, they must have their parent or guardian’s consent to enter the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request this consent in writing. If consent in writing is requested, the winner’s nominated parent/legal guardian will be required to include the words “in consideration of AFL agreeing to admit the Entrant into this Promotion, [name of Parent or Guardian] agrees to be bound by the terms of entry into the Promotion” in such written consent.
- If a prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner.
- Each Qualifying Entry counts towards one (1) entry only.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and are not transferable or exchangeable and, if applicable, cheques will be not negotiable.
- Subject to the Unclaimed Prize Draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize, then the prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, registrations and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the entry/registration/voting process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- The total prize pool for this Promotion is valued at $380 (including GST).
- Incomplete, indecipherable and incorrect entries/registrations or entries/registrations containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- It is a condition of taking a prize that the winner must, if requested to do so by the Promoter, sign and return documents relating to their eligibility to enter (including ownership of entry), statement of compliance with relevant terms and conditions and/or a release of the Promoter’s liability in taking prizes.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries or registrations not received for any reason during the Promotion. Registrations and entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected registrations or entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value, subject to any written directions given by State gaming departments.
- Any Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify registrations and/or entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms. Notwithstanding the Promoter’s rights under these Terms to not accept or to subsequently disqualify a Entrant, the Promoter will not be liable for any legal action arising out of any name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party’s rights, or in breach of any law, and any persons forming part of that name must indemnify the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies from any legal action, claim or dispute arising directly or indirectly from the name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party’s rights, or in breach of any law.
- By participating in this Promotion, the Entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
- they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the Promotion and the Competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
- the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the “Materials”) for the Promoter’s future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
- the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
- they acknowledge that the Promoter retains all right, title and interest, including copyright, in the Materials and, by participating in the Promotion, they assign to the Promoter on creation of the Materials all right, title and interest which might, but for these Terms, vest in them;
- they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (“Moral Rights”);
- they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
- they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
- Any costs associated with entering the Promotion (including but not limited to accessing the Online Entry Site) and/or using a prize is the Entrant’s responsibility.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, registration, tip or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) taking and/or use of a prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms or in any advertisement relating to this Promotion, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia. All references to dollar amounts are inclusive of goods and services tax (GST).
- The Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia.
- If a prize includes vouchers, all vouchers are valid until the voucher expiry date as specified on the voucher or by the provider of the voucher. Vouchers are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the voucher. If the total value of a voucher is not used at the time of redemption, a new voucher may (subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider) be issued for the remaining amount. Any such further voucher is valid for the remainder of the original voucher expiry period. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for further vouchers.
- If a prize includes tickets, all tickets are valid for the date or period as indicated on the tickets. Tickets are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the tickets. No travel and ancillary costs that are not stated form part of a ticket prize unless expressly provided.